Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmastime

Hello friends and family! It's the most wonderful time of the year and I hope you and yours are enjoying the season. Things have been very busy here in our home. I have had some health problems that have resulted in several medical procedures over the last couple of weeks and that has put me out of commission. But things are looking hopeful and I'm definitely getting relief.

Abby is such a busy little bee. I had the hardest time getting her Christmas card picture this year. I would absolutely love one day to have professional photos taken of her but right now we have our finances focused in other areas and that probably won't be a reality for a very long time. So in the mean time I do my best to be the photographer. She is constantly moving so that makes it really hard to get a good shot. She's kind of a diva and knows when I'm trying to get a good picture so she makes an extra effort to prevent that from happening. I tried on several different occasions to get a picture for our cards and here are some of the out-takes.

















My sweet friend Becky suggested that I post pics of our Christmas decorations and I think that's a great idea. I love seeing other people's decorations so I thought I'd share mine with you. Here is our beautiful tree. As you might notice there are only ornaments from about 3 feet and up. Abby is just too tempted.




And here is our mantle and fireplace. This nativity scene was given to me when I was a small child by my Godparents and each year they would give me a new piece to it.




Here is our kitchen table.



And finally, our house.



And the sweetest thing of all:



No comments: