Monday, February 25, 2008

Oh What Fun!

Isn't this weather wonderful? Well at least for today. It's such a nice taste of spring.

The night after Valentine's we had a fun night out with Chris' family. It was his grandfather's 81st birthday and we celebrated with a dinner at Lonesome Dove in Fort Worth and then went to the Gaither's Concert. I have to admit I was a little aprehensive about the Gaithers. Mostly because I didn't really know anything about them except they are a few generations ahead of me. It was however very entertaining and I actually enjoyed the music. There were so many talented musicians and singers performing. I do think that we were the youngest individuals in the audience, but those older folk sure can party. The concert lasted 4 hours! Unfortunately I was coming down with a bit of the flu and I had to leave early because I was feeling miserable and constantly coughing. Now, about the restaurant- amazing! It's owned by iron-chef winner Tim Love. It's very small and quaint, and reservation only in case you want to go. The food is exotic yet southwestern. We had kangaroo nachos and wild boar ribs for starters and then I had an incredible garlic stuffed filet. Probably one of the best steaks I've ever had. And for those of you that really know me, you know I've eaten my fair share of steak. Chris had a chocolate cake for dessert that was made with habanero peppers. It was the dish he won the iron-chef with. I had a bite and it had quite a "kick" to it. It was a really fun evening despite my feeling miserable. Here's a pic of us about to go out:

Okay, now on to Abigail. She has been so funny lately. However, she is teething and it's been pretty rough. She's not upset all day long but when she is it's so sad. I can see that it's her top two teeth coming in but they just haven't broken through the gums yet. Hopefully they will sometime this week. Here are some pics from dinner the other night. She is "utilizing" her hands and arms a little more during meal time and this is the end result:
Here are some cute pics of her playing in her room. She makes the most hilarious faces (at least I think so). Enjoy!















No comments: