So Abigail is like the best baby and has been from day one. She has such a sweet spirit and is so laid back. We've never had any problems with her. Even the one time she had a fever and was sick she was still so sweet and good. Well she is now crawling and I'm noticing that we have to lay down the law. For example, today we were playing in her room and she kept crawling to an electrical cord (for her lamp) and trying to grab it. I firmly said "No Abigail" and she laughed like it was the funniest thing she ever heard. This completely caught me off guard. I've never really had to say "no" to her until now because she's now at the age where it becomes necessary. Not that it wasn't necessary before but in all honesty she never did anything that needed a "no". Back to the story, she kept crawling to the cord and every time I would say "No, no Abigail. Do not touch." and she would again laugh so hard like it tickled her pink. I kept a stearn face the whole time so she knew I meant business. But inside I was really laughing because let's face it- her giggle is so cute. I ended up telling her no like 15 times and kept moving her back to her toys. We don't believe in speaking word curses over our children so it's not because she is stubborn. Abby is such a grabber and explorer and it's just in her nature to investigate everything. At one point she cried but mostly because she was getting tired because it was close to nap time. All that to say, how do you discipline a 9 month old? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. 

This picture is not from the story above but I thought it goes nicely with the story. This was actually when she ate black-eyed peas on New Years. She obviously did not care for them.
2 comments:
Ok, her face is priceless!! And, ooooohhhh how I remember this phase! Prayer and patience, my friend, prayer and patience:) Yall are such sweet parents and this little story really made me smile:) Bless you guys
What a cute pic! How can you not LOVE that face! You are doing a good job. Isn't it funny how these little ones understand so much for their age.
Post a Comment