Abby had her first road trip in Nana & Papa's motorhome this past weekend. We went down to College Station for the A&M vs. Kansas game. My parents are die-hard Aggie football fans and they take their motorhome to tailgate at every game. They even went to Nebraska and Florida for the games. Abby seemed to have a good time. As soon as we got on the motorhome to head down there on Friday, she fell asleep and then she woke up as soon as we pulled into Aggieland. It was a great 3 hour nap. On Saturday morning we drove to the Woodlands to go to my nephew's football game. He is in 2nd grade and they take football very seriously- it's even tackle football. Cousin James' team, the Bengals, won- yeah! Now they are going to be in the playoffs. I decided that afternoon that if we have more children I would really love all girls. I don't know if I could get into sports practices and games every weekend. I'd much rather do hair and makeup for a dance recital any day. Having said that, Abby will probably be into soccer or something. Abby slept the whole way there and then she had a good time watching all the kiddos running around. We somehow temporarily lost her sunglasses and she really needed them out there. We did the best we could with a hat but I knew she really wanted those shades. Then we drove back to Aggieland and barely had time to eat before the game. Nana & Papa went to the game but Me, Daddy, and Abby stayed at the motorhome and watched it on tv. I learned quite a bit about football this weekend. I am not a big sports fan but my mother is a HUGE football fan. She knows all the stats, players, and coaches. So on one of our long drives I asked her to explain to me the whole Big 12-SEC thing. I didn't understand how it all worked and she broke it down for me beautifully. I am totally impressed that my mom knows so much about it. I can actually watch a game now and enjoy it a little bit more. Abby loves watching football. I'm pretty sure she is an Aggie fan, but I think that's because of Nana & Papa's indoctrination techniques. (She has a mobile in the crib at their house that has the A&M mascot and plays the fight song- Abby LOVES it!) Here's some pics from the weekend.
Sleepy Abby on the ride home.
Abby & Daddy at cousin James' game.
Aggies, Aggies everywhere!
Papa & Abby
Abby realized on this trip that she LOVES chewing on Daddy's finger. (who knew?)

No comments:
Post a Comment