Sunday, May 11, 2008

Abby's First Birthday

This past Wednesday was Abigail's very first birthday. It's hard to believe it's been a year. Just for the warning- this will probably be a long blog with lots of pics. Let me tell you all a little bit about our sweet girl. She really is the most well mannered baby, I'm not just saying that because I'm her Mommy. She likes to be very independent even though she is not entirely capable yet. She LOVES to eat- anything. She's a meat and potatoes gal too- a girl after my own heart! She is definately not a picky eater and if she sees you eating anything she wants it for herself. She's a "people person" and enjoys making people smile everywhere we go. She loves taking baths. She loves dogs and playing with their toys. And she is quite the parrot. She has an uncanny ability to mimick any sound she hears. It's precious and very entertaining. We discovered at her birthday party that she loves balloons. There's not much that bothers her.

Last weekend I was recovering from my surgery and my parent's took Abigail out of town with them so that I could rest. It was the first time that she was away from us that long and she did so good. They said she was happy the whole time, she ate good, and she slept great. Yeah! I'm always amazed at how well she goes with the flow.

Yesterday was Abby's birthday party. We kept the guest list to family and close family friends only, but that ended up being over 50 people! We had the party at my parents house because it's much bigger and they have a great backyard and deck. Thank you Nana and Papa- you went above and beyond! I think it ended up being more of a party for the adults. So, here come the pictures...

Here she is with her favorite toy. She was walking all over the place with this.


Here is her own little cake:
Singing Happy Birthday:
Digging in:
And here she is opening her presents:
Her Grandma Liddy got her 3 bathing suits (among a ton of toys!) for her b-day. I decided to have a little "fashion show" and try all of them on her. Here are the results:




Happy Birthday sweet baby girl!

No comments: