Tuesday, June 24, 2008

We're Back!!!

Well we have taken some time off from blogging. Not on purpose, we've just been preoccupied with other things. So here is my attempt at catching up.

First the big news- Abigail is walking! She started last week and is still working on her confidence. She walks great at home but is still feeling her way out in other locations. Here are some pics of her new found freedom:


Notice her excellent multi-tasking skills. She loves walking with things in her hands. Wonder where she gets that from???? This pic isn't very clear but her expression is adorable so I found it blog-worthy:

She is such a ham and always wants to make you smile. I think we have a little "entertainer" on our hands.



She is "reading" a jewelry catalog here. She is such a girl!

Here is her "courtesy smile". It's hilarious and she has a "courtesy laugh" as well. I'll try to catch it on video and post it sometime. It's priceless. She also has this adorable high-pitched voice that she uses to talk to dogs and babies- once again I wonder where she gets that from???

If you notice, she still does not have a lot in the hair department. I've done my best to try and style it, put little clips or bows in it, or comb it just right but it still looks about the same. I keep hoping she'll wake up one morning with a full head of hair. Chris and I both have a ton of hair so I know she'll catch up one day. But no one can pull off bald and patchy like Abby!



A couple of weeks ago we celebrated my 27th birthday. It felt weird turning 27 because I don't feel like I think I should at 27. I guess it will always be that way, at least I hope so when I'm 60. We went to my all time favorite restaurant for dinner- Benihana's. I thought Abby would love watching the chef cook but she could care less. She was way more interested in accumulating as many chopsticks as she could and then throwing them on the floor, one by one. It was a great dinner. Here are pics (it is so hard to get my husband to give a good ol picture smile):



This past weekend we spent part of the day with my family. My parents just bought a new house but it is being completely renovated and they are currently living in a hotel. Abby and I stop by the new house almost everyday to see the progress. It's going to look amazing when it's all finished. My dad is now retired so Abby loves getting to see her Papa everyday. Plus we still enjoy the pool despite all the construction going on. So this weekend my sister Kelly, her boyfriend Rob, his son Ryan, and my parents and us all went and grabbed a burger. Luckily I remembered my camera and was able to take some fun pics. Abby reached for her Daddy and wanted him to hold her but obviously she had ulterior motives:

Abigail loves Mr. Rob (my sister's boyfriend) and was totally content sitting on his tummy. It was too funny.

Abby also started Kindermusik 2 weeks ago. It's really fun and we have both enjoyed it. The class is really small and most of the kiddos are about Abby's age. The first day Abby was so shy and quiet, which was really surprising because she is very outgoing. But by the next week she was her normal self and chatting up a storm. It's a great program and I highly recommend it.
In other wonderful news, my brother Brian and his wife Meagan are expecting their first bundle of joy on February 4th. We are beyond thrilled for this new arrival! Their baby and Abigail will be the same months apart as my brother and I are so I'm looking forward to them being buddies. The pregnancy has been great so far and we appreciate your prayers for it to continue that way.
We hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and we would love to see you someday soon.

2 comments:

The Durham's said...

What a great update!! Precious pictures...Abby is just as beautiful as her mama!!! Bless you!

Jessica said...

Not to worry, I didn't have much hair at 1 either! Did Abby like hairbands at the beginning? Allison hates them but I am trying to get her used to them. A girl has to have hair accessories!