
This is me and my beautiful Mom:

And the Lady of the Hour, my beautiful Mother-in-Law, Laura:

Also, this month Abby started school, A.K.A. Mother's Day Out. It is such a neat program and all the teachers and workers are so nice. I have to pack her a little lunch and she even takes a nap there. They have individual little beds for them. Pretty cool. Normally when we drop off Abby at the nursery at church she starts frowning and trying to cry as we walk up to her classroom so I was expecting this when I dropped her off for her first day of school, especially because it's a new place with new faces. The first day she cried a little as I handed her over and she kept saying "Mama, Mama!". It totally tugged my heart strings. I waited a few minutes and watched her where she couldn't see me and she was fine in a matter of minutes. When I picked her up 6 hours later she was having a great time. The next school day I figured she would start fussing as we walked in the building because she knew where she was going but she was totally relaxed and happy. When I handed her to her teachers she just smiled at me and wave bye-bye! It was such a wonderful feeling and I was so proud of my girl. She obviously enjoyed school and was happy to go back. I'm so glad that she is secure and happy. They give us a little report card each day and it tells us what kind of mood she was in, how long she napped, how much she ate, how many diapers were changed, etc. It's very informative. So far, every day she has been "cheerful and content". Abby will not nap anywhere but her house or in the car. She won't nap at either grandparents' houses or anyone else's home. But she has miraculously taken long naps every day at school. Yea! So what am I doing with my "free time" twice a week? Anything and everything I can get done. I work for my inlaws doing bookkeeping and such, help Chris with our company, go to the dentist, have lunch with my bestest friend Erin, get a haircut, and whatever else I can cram into that amount of time. If I don't stay busy I begin to miss her terribly. It's been great for both of us and I'm so relieved that she enjoys going. Here are pics from her first day. She was not cooperating with posing:

Here she is on her 2nd day of school:
Silly Girls:
This is Abby's new thing. It's how she relaxes after a long day. She insists that you put the blanket over her legs.
She has also started feeding Kacey:
A couple of weeks ago we went to Hannah and Tara's apartment for dinner. Abby loves dancing and shaking her booty with Hannah and Tara. I didn't get many pics there but I love this one of Abby and Hannah making the same face:
And finally, a picture of Abby with her newest accessory. Who says you can't wear bling while in your jammies?
1 comment:
These pictures are adorable! I can't believe how much they grow up in a year!! (I guess she almost 1 1/2 now! Where did the time go?) Anyway, Abby is a doll! :)
Post a Comment