Monday, November 3, 2008

It Happened to Me

If any of you Mommies read Parent's Magazine then you know about a section called "It Happened to Me". It's where parents share stories of slightly traumatic things that happened to their children and they lived through. Well this is my version of it and i just had to blog about it...

Yesterday we were out having lunch at a burger place and Abby was staying busy playing with crayons. When our food came she insisted on holding onto the crayons while she ate. Sometime during our meal she made a weird face like she had something in her mouth that she didn't like and I noticed some blue crayon on her lips. She's bitten the tip of a crayon before so I wasn't alarmed but I did look around in her mouth and found nothing but food. But then I noticed that HALF of the blue crayon was gone- wrapper and everything. I frantically looked for the other half of the crayon hoping that she hadn't eaten it. But that was ridiculous because we were sitting right there and I don't think she could have eaten a whole half of a crayon that quickly. I gave up and figured the crayon fell on the floor and rolled away. Chris told me not to worry about it because he ate a lot worse things when he was a kid- somehow that doesn't help. So I completely forgot about the whole incident until....this morning. When I walked in her room this morning the "aroma" was strong and it wasn't the normal poopy smell. I proceeded to change her diaper and that's when I discovered that she had in fact eaten half of a blue crayon!!! Yuck! It was so hard to clean up because the texture was all waxy. I'll leave it at that. But it didn't seem to bother her one bit and the good news is it all came out. So don't worry Mommies if your kiddo eats a crayon because it happened to me and she's just fine. :)

4 comments:

SARAH said...

sone nice blue poop huh?


yummy?!

Kristina Randerson said...

At least it wasn't bright Pink. Try explaining that one to a dad who is freaking out worse than you are. Funny now, not so much at the time.

Amy said...

Ha! That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time :) I'm glad it turned out okay!

The Durham's said...

This is hilarious!! What goes in must come out, right?? HA! I'm thinking those little wipes were no match for waxy poop....so sorry:) Thanks for sharing...this is a classic parenting moment! Love ya!